Enjoying my Singledom
June 14, 2011 24 Comments
Being single and happy isn’t an oxymoron–it’s a harmonious existence that makes good sense. It’s better to be happy alone than to be miserable with the wrong guy. While I haven’t given up on finding love with “the one,” I’m not holding my breath either. Instead, I’m enjoying me. Being single and in a relationship with myself means never having to say let’s break-up. Here are some of the simple things I like to do alone:
- Sunday breakfast at a quiet café with a good book.
- Shopping at Victoria’s Secret without him telling me to hurry up.
- Buying sexy undies for my eyes only.
- Watching chick flicks on T.V.
- Watching other couples argue at the mall and thinking thank god that’s not me.
- Checking out every cute guy I see and not feeling guilty about it or fearing that I’ll get caught with a wandering eye.
- Laundry for one.
- Dishes for one.
- The bed all to myself. I like to sleep spread eagle.
- Listening to Chet Baker and drinking a glass (or two or three) of wine.
- Skyping until the wee hours.
- Discovering who I am in my time of solitude …
What do you like doing alone? Are you single and loving it? Take this poll:Follow @lafemmeroar
© 2011 Lafemmeroar