Breaking the Rules of My Versatile Blogger Award
September 28, 2011 32 Comments
Four Versatile Blogger Award nominations.
Thank you Aurora Morealist, Off The Mainstream, High on Coffee and SlavesInc Blog for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. The blogosphere is a big world and I never thought that I’d find my place in it but I have found a small piece of blogging goodness in connecting with other bloggers. In the past six months reading your blogs have made me laugh, cry and sometimes I’ve even gone huh? at reading posts. Blogging is such a wonderful platform for self expression … especially when good ‘n crazy people are doing the expressing.
The Rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Thank the person(s) who shared the award with you by linking back to them in your post. (Done)
2. Pass this award to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know that you included them in your blog post. (Note: I’m breaking the rule on this one.)
3. List 7 things about yourself. (Done)
About the Versatile Bloggers who nominated me:
When I need to reassure myself that there are pure souls out there I read Aurora Morealist. She keeps it real with her honesty and she doesn’t hold back in sharing her life, thoughts and trials with her readers. You go crazy chick … keep it coming … you make the world a better place with your writing. Thank you for being such a loyal blog friend and for reminding me that good and true souls are out there.
Read Off the Mainstream authored by Alan and you just might learn a thing or two about a subject you never thought you cared about. He’s a former altar boy who now operates a cat sanctuary. You’ve heard about cat lady, now meet “the cat guy.” He’s totally awesome and I love his writing. Alan, thank you for nominating me … I never thought you liked me that much … but “I can’t deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!” (Note: I stole that line from some chick who used to be a flying nun.)
When I first stumbled upon High on Coffee written by supernaut I thought cool a fellow coffee addict. Since then supernaut has reduced his coffee intake, but his blog continues to be full of music musings and snippets of his life and work. I’ve always fancied the idea of adding a a “y” after the “t”–supernauty. In reality supernaut is a really good guy there’s nothing naughty about supernaut except for his taste in music. Take a peek at his posts … you’ll see what I mean. I love the “Quotes & Poems” section of his blog. I find supernaut to be a grounded, sensitive blogger with a great sense of humor. Thank you for nominating me and continue sharing your life with “us.”
Many readers will identify with SlavesInc Blog. This blog finds the humor in being a nine to fiver. If you want to know creative ways of passing the time while doing something you don’t really want to do, but need the paycheck that comes in doing it, then read this blog. Make sure you check out the “Office Etymology” section … it’s hilarious. SlavesInc thank you for nominating me; you were one of the first blogs I connected with and I’m glad that you thought me worthy of this award.
Here are the TWO blogs I nominate for this award.
1. Tastefully Offensive: If you want to be entertained while wasting your time then visit this blog and find yourself chuckling at the pics and videos. The world is full of crazy people navigating through absurd circumstances.
3 reasons why you should visit this blog:
Lazy readers would love this blog because it’s mostly pics and vids
You’ll see how funny animals and how stupid politicians can be.
You won’t have to feel guilty about clicking like or leaving a comment because no one really does … but you’ll be entertained.
2. Hollyjb is not offensive and she writes tasteful posts. She’s a wonderfully talented young lady living as an Au Pair in Belgium. I love reading about her life, the way in which she describes the places she visits in Belgium and she is a wonderful singer. See her singing a cappella here–it’s the second video.
3 reasons why you should visit this blog:
If you need some sweetness and light then take a gander at this blog because her writing evokes a certain “innocence” and appreciation for life.
It’s a wonderful travelog of Belgium.
She loves interacting with her readers and she truly gives a personal touch in her comments and replies.
I know … I only officially nominated two, but I also want to include about 50 other bloggers (crazy chicks) and you can see their blog on this link. If you’d like a good dose of crazy on a daily basis, then visit these blogs … talk about versatile … we’ve got crafters, photographers, singles, mothers, working moms, artists, writers, reviewers, poets, happily marrieds and a gamut of talented personalities that will truly enrich your blog reading experience.
Before I list 7 things about me I’m going to share the definition of the word “versatile” courtesy of Merriam Wester Online Dictionary:
7 reasons why I’m a Versatile Blogger
1. I reserve the right to “fluctuate” my thoughts and opinions. I’m a beautiful work in progress.
2. My noodle is a “variable” organ that goes up and down IQ points just check out my posts.
3. I love to do a “variety” of things: read (makes me smart–I think), write (with the help of Spellchecker), eat (I’m an expert chewer), spend time with my boy toy (if you read my blog you’ll know this), knit (just call me Penelope–do you get this?), bake (especially bread), and watch babies laughing on You Tube.
4. I can recite the alphabet in “reverse” in 10 seconds. This is totally useless, but this is how I entertain myself during my downtime.
5. I’m interested in a “variety” of subjects: conspiracy theories (Philadelphia Experient, remote viewing, paranormal, alien encounters) and I used to listen to Art Bell; the process of gender reassignment (I think this is why I began writing the “Man from Malutopia” stories. I only have two installments but stay tuned for more; crafting (I like making things from paper, yarn, paint and other materials bought at a craft store; conjoined twins (I am fascinated with Chang and Eng Bunker the siamese twins. Did you know these brothers married two sisters and fathered 21 children? Imagine how uncomfortable or interesting sex must have been?)
6. I’m writing a book and I’m now in the painful process of never-ending revisions as I try to keep a “variety” of my characters interesting. Will I ever truly finish this book? Well … stay tuned to find out as I will be posting news about it right here on my blog.
7. I’m good at “applying” a “variety” of my talents in “various” situations. When I’m speaking to someone I don’t like I apply my sarcasm as I insult them with a smile. When I’m bored I apply my imagination and pretend I’m elsewhere. When I have to do something I don’t want to do, I apply my procrastination skills.
Finally dear subscribers, readers and those lurking about thank you for visiting me. I try to blog as often as I can. I can be sporadic I know … this is why it would be great if you subscribed so I can deliver myself in your Inbox. Thank you fellow versatile bloggers for taking the time read my blather and honoring me. I hope I’ve given you a chuckle or two today.
With the utmost gratitude,
Join the Crazy Chicks Club.
Click here if you’re a Crazy Freak.
Visit my fan page on Facebook.
© 2011 Lafemmeroar