Five Money Saving Tips This Holiday Season
November 29, 2011 73 Comments
In today’s economizing times you need to keep your money in the bank. But Christmas isn’t conducive to tightening your purse strings. So, here are a few tips on ways to avoid spending on others without looking like a tightwad:
1. Tell people you’ve converted to a religion that prohibits shopping in December. People need to “respect” your “Frugalism.”
2. Tell people that you’re in the 12-Step Program for shopaholics. Shopping would not be conducive to your sobriety.
3. You are boycotting Christmas until there is peace on Earth. You’ll never have to go holiday shopping again!
4. Pretend you have amnesia and you don’t remember any of your friends or relatives. The good thing with this strategy is that you might even get some really cool “sympathy gifts.”
5. Tell your friends that you’ve embrace the recycling lifestyle by giving “previously owned gifts.” You’ll finally know what to do with that cracked candy dish. You’ll lessen your carbon footprint while increasing the contents in your money belt.
Your true friends will
believe understand and those who don’t probably don’t deserve gifts in the first place.
Note: Lafemmeroar is not a tightwad. She’s such a spendthrift that she’s maxed out her credit cards and is now in debt due to her extravagance for designer shoes and purses. This year she is giving her gift of
insanity wisdom to those crazy enough to listen.
Vote for Best Humor Blog at Bloggers Choice Awards.
Get the CCC Badge
Join the Crazy Chicks Club.
© 2011 Lafemmeroar